Midleton Whiskey - The Old Midleton Distillery
Irish Distillers Midleton Distillery
The Old Midleton Distillery was established in 1825 by three brothers, Daniel, James and Jeremiah Murphy, located near the town of Midleton, County Cork. 1n 1966 the distillery, which was part of the Cork Distilleries company, merged with John Power & Son and John Jameson & Son to form the Irish Distillers. The new Midleton distillery was opened in 1975, right beside the old distillery and with this signalled the end of production at the John Jameson & Son, Bow Street Distillery. Today Midleton distillery is one of the most modern in the world and is home to brands such as, Jameson, Powers, Redbreast, Green spot and Midleton.