Isle of Colonsay - Langley Distillery
Isle of Colonsay Gin Facts ...
- Scotland | Isle of Colonsay
- Langley Distillery
- Copper Pot Still - Wheat Base Spirit
- Juniper Berries - Coriander Seeds
- Sweet Mediterranean Lemon Peel - Orange Peel - Liquorice
- Cinnamon Bark - Angelica Root - Orris Root - Cassia Bark - Nutmeg
- Lemon Balm - Wild Water Mint - Meadowsweet - Sea Buckthorn
- Heather Flowers - Bog Myrtle
Wild Island Gin Description ...
The Wild Island Gin was founded on the Isle of Colonsay in 2016 and is distilled by Langley Distillery, just outside Birmingham. The Gin is produced using 100% British Wheat and 10 base botanicals, distilled in a copper pot still. The base gin is then married with a further 6 Botanicals, foraged on the Island itself.
Fairley's Wines Tasting Note ...
Nose - "Floral notes with Pronounced citrus and Juniper."
Palate - "The taste is fresh and clean with juniper and warm cinnamon, locked in with even more citrus."
Finish - "Persistent and floral with spice and hints of ginger."
Perfect Serve - 1 part Colonsay Gin into a chilled ice filled Glass / Slice of Lemon topped up with Tonic and a sprig of Mint and a twist of lemon peel.