Wild Botanical Seasonal Gin - Glendalough Irish Whiskey Ltd
Glendalough Wild Summer Botanical Gin Facts ...
- Ireland | County Wicklow
- Glendalough Distillery
- Arnold Holstein Copper Still
- Juniper - Coriander Seeds - Lemon Peel - Angelica Root - Liquorice Root
- Bitter Almond - Orris Root - Ceylon Cinnamon - Ginger - All Spice
- Elderflower - Lemon Balm - Yarrow - Blackberry Leaves
- Red Clover Flower - Ox Eye Daisy - Wild Rose - Wild Raspberries
- Water Mint - Sweet Woodruff - Wild Angelica - Sweet Cicely
- Lady's Bedstraw - Bell Heather
Wild Summer Description ...
Glendalough intends to release a gin for each season, spending one week each time in the Wicklow countryside with local forager 'Geraldine Kavanagh' handpicking the freshest local botanicals, berries and fruit. The most delicate base of 8 botanicals are added to the vapour tray, while the others are macerated in the spirit at a later time, distilled in small 500lt batches in an Arnold Holstein Copper Still and cut with Wicklow mountain spring water.
Glendalough Distillery Tasting Note ...
Nose - "The nose is that of a meadow in bloom. Elderflower and primrose under pin fresh citrus and ripe green apples."
Palate - "The taste is robust and powerful with a warming, growing sweetness – honey dew melon and strawberry, earthy mid notes followed by spice with zesty citrus keeping it fresh throughout."
Finish - "The finish is long and slightly spicy. A rare summer’s day bottled."
Glendalough Summer Gin and Tonic - 1 part Glendalough Summer Gin over ice / 2 slices of Orange / Topped up with a Premium Elderflower Tonic.