Gin Review for the Red Label Old Raj 46 ...
- Scotland | Argyll
- Wm Cadenhead
- Campbeltown and Hayman Distillers
- Small Pot Still - 100% Scottish Grain Spirit
- Juniper Berries - Orange - Lemon Peel
- Coriander Seed - Angelica Root - Orris Root
- Cassia Bark - Almond Powder - Saffron
Description of the 46% ABV Red Label Gin ...
First introduced in 1972 by dependent bottlers Wm Cadenhead, the Red Label Gin is a marriage of pure Scottish grain, 9 botanicals and bottled at 46% abv in Campbeltown. Like the blue label the red label Old Raj has Saffron infused after the distillation, prior to bottling.
Fairley's Wines Tasting Note ...
Nose - "Slightly perfumed with subtle spice and Juniper."
Palate - "Rich with upfront Juniper and cinnamon spice, slightly floral with herbal undertones and clean citrus."
Finish - "A lively spicy finish with lasting citrus."
Perfect Serve - 1 part Red Label / Glass filled with ice / Squeezed lime with a slice of Orange / Topped up with a premium neutral Tonic.